When importing from China, importers would find various ways to find Chinese suppliers. Either to search suppliers on online websites like Alibaba, or to come to China in person. And this article is going to show you the most complete guide to get you the best-match Chinese suppliers.
Mostly, you can find reliable Chinese suppliers through the following three ways:
- Trade Fair
- Wholesale Market
- Wholesale Website
Now, let’s get deep into it one by one.
Trade Fair is one way you can directly see the products and contact with suppliers face to face. There are quite a lot of trade fairs held in China, ranging from comprehensive trade fairs to trade fairs of specific categories. Here we list some of the most famous and important trade fairs in China.
1. China Import and Export Fair (Canton Fair)
China Import and Export Fair, short as Canton Fair, is China’s largest comprehensive international trade fair, with the largest scale, the most complete exhibit variety and the largest buyer attendance, held in Guangzhou. Here you would see the most updated products of the industry and have conversation with those leading companies. There’s another article on our website about Canton Fair: Complete Guide to Canton Fair.
- Date: Spring Session: Apr. 15-19 (Phase 1); Apr. 23-27 (Phase 2); May 1-5 (Phase 3)
Autumn Session: Oct. 15-19 (Phase 1); Oct. 23-27 (Phase 2); Oct. 31-Nov. 4 (Phase 3)
- Address: China Import and Export Complex (Canton Fair Comples)
No. 380, Yuejing Mid Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City, Guangdong Province
- Official Website: https://www.cantonfair.org.cn/en/
2. China Yiwu International Commodities Fair (Yiwu Fair)
China Yiwu International Commodities Fair, short as Yiwu Fair, is one of the largest, most influential and most productive commodities fair in Yiwu, China. It’s mainly about daily consumer goods, along with a wide range of products of all categories.
- Date: Oct. 21-25
- Address: Yiwu International Expo Center
No. 59, Zongze East Road, Yiwu City, Zhejiang Province
- Official Website: http://en.yiwufair.com/
3. East China Import & Export Commodity Fair (East China Fair)
East China Import & Export Commodity Fair, short as East China Fair, is one of the largest regional trade fair held in Shanghai, with a great variety of exhibits. This Fair mostly exhibits products of Fashion & Garment, Home Textiles, Consumer Goods, Art Deco Gifts, and so on.
- Date: Mainly held in every March, lasting for 4 days. And the 2021 East China Fair is yet to come.
- Address: Shanghai New International Expo Center
No. 2345, Longyang Road, Shi Ji Gong Yuan, Pudong District, Shanghai
- Official Website: https://www.ecf.org.cn/
- A more vivid show on products. You can see the real products on-site, like what it is made of, how it looks like in reality and how it functions. A real products is much more vivid than those fine edited images online.
- Direct contact with suppliers. Attending fairs in person, you can have direct contact with suppliers, discuss about the details of your contract, saving you from time delays.
- Online fairs are more simple and convenient. Since the outbreak of COVID-19, many fairs have transferred their form of traditional on-site fairs to combination of both online and offline fairs. Online fairs is more convenient for those small and medium sized companies who have limit budget on cost. And you can attend it at anywhere as long as there is internet.
- On-site fairs can add up to your cost. To attend such fairs, you will need to handle the cost of transportation, accommodation and other costs. If your budget is limited, you can choose online fairs.
- Limitation on products categories. Although trade fairs covers a great variety of products, hot-sale products is more welcomed than those unpopular products. Not every product is included in these fairs. So before you go, make up your mind of what to source in fairs.
Wholesale market is another way to directly contact with bunches of products and suppliers. There are a number of professional wholesale markets in China, which includes almost every categories of products. Here we list some of the most comprehensive and competitive markets for you.
1. Yiwu International Trade Market
Yiwu International Trade Market is a huge complex market in Yiwu, China. There are 1.8 million items in the Yiwu market, with nearly 100,000 sellers, hundreds of thousands of producers and nearly one million purchasers, covering 219 countries and regions worldwide. If you stop by a booth for 3 minutes, then you will be stuck in this market for a whole year to visit all the booths.
There are five district of Yiwu International Trade Market, with each covering different categories of products.
|1F||Toy; Artificial Flower; Flower Accessories; Annex Building (Toy / Ornaments / Craft)|
|2F||Hair Ornaments; Jewelry & Ornament; Annex Building (Ornament / Ornament Accessories)|
|3F||Festival Craft; Decorative Craft; Tourism Craft; Ceramic & Crystal; Frame; Ornament Accessories; Annex Building (Ornaments / Craft / Accessories)|
|4F||Taiwan Mall (Flower / Ornaments / Craft); Factory Outlets (Toy / Flower / Ornaments / Accessories)|
|1F||Rain Wear & Pack; Umbrella; Fujian Mall (Umbrella); Suitcase & Bag|
|2F||Electrical Products; Lock; Hardware Tools/Accessories; Vehicle|
|3F||Kitchen & Sanitary Hardware; Small Home Appliance; Guangdong Nanhai Mall; Telecommunications; Electronic Appliances & Photographic Equipment; Battery/Lamp/Flash Light (Electronics); Clock & Watch|
|4F||Anhui Mall; Yueqing Low-voltage Apparatus; Hongkong Mall; Sichuan Mall; Korean Mall; Suitcase & Bag; Electronics; Clock & Watch; Hardware & Electronics|
|5F||Export Agencies; Featured Products|
|1F||Pen Paper Ink; Eyeglasses|
|2F||Office & Study Stationery; Cultural & Sports Products; Outdoor Product|
|3F||Cosmetics; Cosmetic Accessories; Beauty Products; Mirror & Comb; Button & Zipper; Accessories; Apparel Accessories|
|4F||Factory Outlets-Cosmetics/Beauty Products; Factory Outlets-Cultural & Sports; Factory Outlets-Apparel Accessories|
|2F||Knitted Goods; Hat & Cap; Gloves; Daily Necessities; Earmuffs|
|3F||Caddice; Tie; Lace; Towel; Thread & Tape; Shoes|
|4F||Belt/Accessories; Bra & Underwear; Scarf|
|5F||Tourism and Shopping Center; Garments; Shoes; Daily Necessities; Frame/Accessories|
|1F||ICM-Foods/Healthy Products; ICM-Garments/Daily Consumable; ICM-Ornaments/Craft; African Products Exhibition & Trade Center; Other Imported Products|
|2F||Bedding; Chinese Knot; DIY Handicraft|
|3F||Curtain Cloth; Knitted Cloth; Knitted Fabric|
|4F||Car Necessities; Car & Motorcycle Accessories; Commodity Distribution|
There are also some other professional markets in Yiwu. And here is a more complete guide on Yiwu Market and Yiwu City. Click here to know more details: How to Source Products in Yiwu Market: 2021 Ultimate Guide & Yiwu City Tour Guide: Version 2021.
2. Guangzhou Makret
Guangzhou Market is not just one single market, but a cluster of about 1000 professional wholesale markets in Guangzhou City, which covers more than 40 types of commodities. Here we list some most well-known professional markets in Guangzhou. Want to know more details about markets in Guangzhou, click here: Sourcing Products in Markets in Guangzhou–Complete Guide.
|Textile Fabrics||China Fabrics and Accessories Center|
|144 Xingang West Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City|
|Changjiang Garment Accessories Square|
|Ruikang Road, Xingang West, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City|
|Ruikang Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City|
|Zhongda Jiuzhou Textile Trade Plaza|
|233 Ruikang Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City|
|Zhongda Fabric Market|
|No. 1, Lixin Street, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City|
|Clothes||Baima Clothes City|
|16 Zhannan Road, Guangzhou City|
|Hongbiantian Clothes Trading Center|
|No. 13, Shisanhang Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou City|
|Kangle Jeans City|
|People’s North Road, 921 Kangle Building, Guangzhou City|
|The 13 Factories|
|Shisanhang Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou City|
|Guangzhou Shahe Clothes Market|
|No. 1, Lienquan Road, Shahe District, Guangzhou City|
|Zhanxi Fashion Wholesale Center|
|57 Zhanxi Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City|
|Kapok International Fashion City|
|184 Huanshi West Road, Guangzhou City|
|Liuhua Clothers Market|
|194 Huanshi West Road, Guangzhou City|
|Yima Clothes Market|
|158 Huanshi West Road, Guangzhou City|
|Yulong Fashion Plaza|
|No. 229-235, Guangyuan West Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City|
|No. 61, Zhongshan 8th Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou City|
|Zhongba Children’s Garment Plaza|
|No. 97-101, Zhongshan 8th Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou City|
|Wedding Dress||Guangzhou Wedding Dress Street|
|No.73, Middle Jiangnan Avenue, Haizhu District, Guangzhou City|
|Bags||Guangzhou Baiyun World Leather Trading Center|
|No. 1388, Jiefang North Road, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City|
|Shenjia Leather Trading Center|
|No. 1339, Jiefang North Road, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City|
|Yisen Leather Market|
|No. 1389, Jiefang North Road, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City|
|Shoes||Huanan Shoes City|
|No. 1627-1629, Guangzhou Avenue (South), Haizhu District, Guangzhou City|
|Metropolis Shoes City|
|165 Sanyuan Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City|
|Buyun Tiandi International Shoes World|
|26 Zhanxi Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City|
|Office Products||Chaoyang Stationery Market|
|No. 238, Huadi Avenue, Fangcun District, Guangzhou City|
|Guangzhou Yiyuan Toys and Stationery Wholesale Center|
|No. 30-32, Huangsha Avenue, Liwan District, Guangzhou City|
|Guangzhou Liwan Toys Wholesale Market|
|No. 38, Shiluzi, Zhongshan 8th Rd, Guangzhou City|
|Yide International Exquisite Toy and Stationery Square|
|Intersection of Yide Road, Tiancheng Road and Haizhu Road, Guangzhou city|
|Watch||Guangzhou Zhanxi Watch City|
|65 Zhan Xi Lu, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou City|
|Auto Parts||Guangyuan Zhiyou Auto Parts City|
|No. 1540, Guangyuan East Road, Guangzhou City|
|Guangzhou Zhanlong Auto Parts Trade Center|
|No. 98, Baiyun Avenue (South), Guangzhou City|
|Yongfu Auto Parts City|
|No. 45, Yongfu Road, Guangzhou City|
|Hardware||Jinfu Hardware Wholesale Market|
|No. 19-21, 6th Street, Jinfu Hardware Wholesale Market, Baiyun District, Guangzhou City|
|Changjiang Hardware and Plastic Products Trade City|
|Zhenxing Street, Guangzhou Avenue (South), Haizhu District, Guangzhou City|
3. Other Professional Wholesale Markets
|Yiwu City||Garment||Yiwu Huangyuan Garmetn Market|
|Production Material||Yiwu International Production Material Market|
|Furniture||Yiwu Furniture Market|
|Yiwu Dongyang Redwood Furniture Market|
|Capital Goods||Yiwu Capital Goods Market|
|Hardware||Yiwu Yongkang Hardware Market|
|Shaoxing City||Textile||Shaoxing Textile Market|
|Socks||Shaoxing Da Tang Socks Wholesale Market|
|Ningbo City||Plastics||China Plastic City|
|Hangzhou City||Garment||Hangzhou Si Ji Qing Clothes Market|
|Zhuji City||Pearls||Zhuji Pearl Market|
|Wenzhou City||Shoes||Wenzhou Internaitonal Shoe City|
|Wenzhou Zhannan Shoes Wholesale Market|
|Fuzhou City||Shoes||Jinjiang Shoes Wholesale Market|
|Building Materials||Huiduoli Building Materials Market|
|Zhongshan City||Lights||Zhongshan Lights Wholesale Market|
|Garment||Shaxi Clothes Market|
|Dongguan City||Home Decoration||Dongxing Home Decoration & Lights Square|
|Garment||Zhongxing Clothes Wholesale Market|
|Shajianzu Shifu Clothes Wholesale Market|
|Foshan City||Textile||Foshan Textile Material Market|
|Furniture||Lecong Dongming International Furniture Market|
- Competitive prices. In these wholesale market, every supplier is competing with one another to attract buyers. Therefore, you can order your products at quite a satisfied price. The only thing you need to pay attention is the products quality and whether there is extra charges.
- Sufficient supply. Working with suppliers in such wholesale market, you don’t have to worry if their is not enough products to meet your need. They’ve got ways to get you what you want.
- Scattered markets. It’s plain to see that there really are quite a lot of wholesale markets in China. And the problem is that they are scattered all over China. Therefore, do some market research before you visit wholesale markets on-site.
- Slow product update. Mostly, in such wholesale markets, the products you see is not that up to date. The reason is that they are not doing product development themselves as factories do. Therefore, if you are looking for stable and lasting products, wholesale market is a good choice.
Online wholesale website has become a new trend for global importer to seek for best-match suppliers. There are some well-known Chinese wholesale websites based on those massive wholesale markets in China, like Alibaba, AliExpress. Here we list some of the most helpful Chinese wholesale websites. And there’s another article about it: 10 Most Useful Chinese Wholesale Websites.
Alibaba.com is one of the most popular China wholesale website in China. They sell a wide range of products, including 40 major product categories. You can get almost anything you want. With Alibaba.com, you can easily find reliable suppliers that you desire.
AliExpress is another sub website of Alibaba Group, which offers good seller guarantee. Here you can get the most suitable products at very favorable prices. This wholesale website is a one-stop wholesale website with more than 44 categories of products.
DHgate.com is an early established Chinese wholesale website in 2004, which gives a platform for both Chinese suppliers and global buyers. Though it is established early, it always keeps its pace with times. Many of its functions are updated to meet the demands of buyers. And in this websites, buyers can purchase goods at any quantity they want, instead of concerning about the MOQ.
Chinagoods.com is the official website of Yiwu market. Chinagoods platform is developed and operated by Yiwu China Commodities City, serving 2 million small and micro enterprises in the upstream of the industrial chain with the resource of 75,000 physical shops in Yiwu International Trade Market.
YiwuGo.com mainly covers all products from Yiwu International Trade Market and other professional market in Yiwu, including more than 3 million products. You can find almost everything in this website.
- Sufficient categories of products. You can buy almost everything from online websites. There will be some restrictions. But as long as you play by the rule, it’s not a big problem. Whatever you want, you can search it online and compare those products to get the best deal.
- Easy for product research and market research. As it is quite plain to see whether a product is profitable or not, doing product research and market research can be much easier and more time-saving.
- Risks are higher than on-site wholesaling. It’s not easy to distinguish dishonest suppliers from reliable ones. And product quality can’t be promised. Moreover, payment is quite a big issue. There are higher risks working with online wholesale suppliers.
- Time consuming. You may not get timely respond from suppliers and your conversation can last for months till your problem is truly fixed. Therefore, when choosing suppliers, choose those who have physical factories or those who reply to you timely.
Either way you choose to import from China to your country is workable. It depends on your budget, time and your plan for your business. Choose the best way for yourself and grow your business to a higher level.